Friday, August 31, 2012

Full moon


Not only do I feel like a walking full moon, but tonight is actually a full moon.  There have been tons of studies done to see if its true that more women go into labor and babies are born during a full moon but there has yet to be any conclusive evidence.  There are theories about the gravitational pull of the moon in this phase, and it probably takes into account if you are a werewolf mama.  In any case, I will not spend my evening pointing my belly to the sky or baying at the moon.

Little blueberry is not so little anymore.  It is officially the size of a mini watermelon.  Seeing as how I can't see my feet over my belly, I'm not sure how mini this watermelon really is.

The baby is wiggling and jiggling and is pretty much saying "let me out of here!".  Last night, it was moving so much at bedtime, that it kept me up even though I was exhausted.  I am now waking up 4-5 times in the middle of the night and the worst part is having to rearrange myself and all of my pillows each time I get back into bed.  There is a process that I have to go through each time, arranging the pillows in their correct spot, making sure that I am sleeping on the opposite side of how I slept in the last sleeping set and making sure my belly is propped up.  Whoever thinks sleeping is easy is wrong!

Yesterday was my last day of working at the shul and they planned an ice cream party in my honor!  There were 4 kinds of ice cream, strawberries, wafers and toppings galore!  There is no excuse better than having a very pregnant lady in the office to break out the ice cream.  It was really sweet of everyone and we all enjoyed the treat - Blueberry included!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this blog posting! I'm sure BB is ready to make it's entrance into the world...after all, there are no more fruits and vegetables larger than a watermelon!

I passed around "Erin's Baby Poll" on the motorcoach today and 15 of the 19 passengers are participating. They each had to put in $2 to play and winner takes all, plus, I am adding to it, a $50 AJ gift certificate.

Here are the results:
Sex - (9)F, (6)M
Weight - lowest = 7 pounds / Highest = 9.3 / Average weight = 8.6
Birthdate - Earliest = Sept. 3 / Latest = July 5 (yes, really - I guess some people don't listen to instructions very well) / Average birthdate = September 8
Length - Longest = 23 whopping inches! Shortest = 16 inches / average length = 20.5 inches

Let's see who's right?

Enjoy the ice cream while you can!
Love,
BiBi