Tuesday, April 24, 2012

20 week check-up


We went in this morning for our long-awaited 20 week check-up and are happy to announce that everything is perfect and the baby is looking beautiful!  We started with an ultrasound and for about 30 minutes, we looked at different angles of the baby, checking and measuring and saying hello.  The ultrasound tech said that the baby was in the perfect position for pictures and I told her it's because we gave Blueberry a pep-talk last night to smile pretty.  As you can see, we came home with enough pictures to fill an album.


At 20 weeks, Blueberry is 12 ounces and at the 37% for weight.  They told us that the baby is trending to be about 7 pounds at birth which I am totally ok with seeing that the 3 Asman kids were 8 pounds + and Chris was a 10 pounder!




During the ultrasound, we could see the baby moving around, putting its hand near its mouth at one point and then later, it looked like it was playing with its toes.  I guess there isn't really so much to do in there so playing with your toes seems like a pretty fun game.  Even though it was moving around a bunch, I couldn't feel anything, although I have felt flutters more and more frequently over the past few weeks.  It is always exciting to feel but so fleeting and quick that I haven't been able to share the feeling with Chris yet.  My books tell me that in the next few weeks, hopefully Chris will be able to feel movement in my belly too!


See the baby smiling in the picture?  See its little hand and foot?  Based on the measurements, this baby will follow the family trend of having big feet.  The foot length and the femur length are supposed to be about the same but of course, the foot is a little bigger than normal and we are expecting to have another big-footed family member!


I am only up 2 pounds at this point and some days you can see the bump more so than others.  We have another appointment in 4 weeks and I have been told that in that time, I need to work on gaining 2-4 healthy pounds.  Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that I can eat guacamole and brownies for the next 4 weeks, although that does sound delicious!  

1 comment:

Asman Family said...

I just LOVE family pictures! Even the Black & White ones! I DO think that I can see a little smile on that picture.

Both of you can have a Brownie on me! As a matter of fact, this weekend I'll buy!