Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Halloween 2018


This year, the weather has been beautiful all around Halloween but of course the day finally rolls around and rain threatens all day.  We kept our eye on the clouds, planned our outfits accordingly and made the best of the day.


Riley had a costume parade at Hoover where all the kids wore their costumes and took a stroll around the blacktop.  I wasn't planning on going cause it was in the middle of the work day, but Riley asked really nicely and told me I was going to be the only mom that wasn't going to be there.  With the guilt laid on that thick, I popped over to Hoover to watch the parade, only to have Riley see me, ignore me and pretend that I wasn't even there!  He was happy to have me there, I know, but it was funny to see him try to be too cool!


With Chris in Israel this year, we put snacks on our porch and headed over to Bibi and Zee's house to maximize our trick-or-treating experience.  We know where the lights are all on and the big candy bars are handed out!  After shoveling down some green monster mac and cheese, we donned our outfits and headed out.  It drizzled a little here and there but nothing that we couldn't handle.  At the first house, they were giving out foot long pixie sticks.  Asher asked what it was, I told him sugar, and for the next 10 houses, he asked if they were giving out sugar.  He made his candy selections very methodically and I had to speed him along a little here and there or we would have only made it 5 houses in an hour and a half.


We got back in enough time to help Bibi hand out the last of her candy and go through our stash to pick out the one piece that they could have that night - another challenging concept.  Last year, the Halloween candy made it almost through to the next year, but we will see how long it lasts in the candy bowl this year!

No comments: