Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Thank you and goodnight!


I started this blog on Valentine's Day 2012 when I was 10 weeks pregnant with Riley.  There was so much exciting news and everyone was scattered across the country - a blog seemed like a great way to share news, pictures and stories of my growing belly, our growing family and our growing baby.  Over 8 years later, 300+ blog posts, 2 cities, 4 houses, 2 kids, and countless memories later, I have decided that it is time to end the blog (or at least take a break on purpose).  As you can tell, I haven't written a blog post in almost 6 months as life is very busy - in a good way!  That, and I'm not sure if anyone reads this anymore!  Either way, there are a lot of other ways to share stories, pictures and document the boys growing up.


It has been quite an adventure we have had so far, and I am looking forward to everything that we have to look forward to.  This blog served as a baby book of sorts, not having kept hard records or first steps, first teeth, first words but rather posting them here (and going back for reference every once in a while).  I hope that the boys read this one day not only to see fun pictures, but also hopefully to have an insight into what life was like growing them and raising them thus far.  I know that you don't truly understand parenthood until you yourself are a parent, and maybe hearing some stories and thoughts from my perspective will give them a better understanding into who I am and how I learned to be their mom.


We have just finished 1st grade and Preschool B and have started the summer break - or as what can best be described as summer break with coronavirus.  These are interesting times that we are living in and although we have unlimited hours at home, they always seem to be filled.  And when they are not filled, all I want to do is shut down, watch tv and relax.  Each morning I remember that I wanted to write a blog post and each night I forget.  So now, I will shift the blog to other forms of memory making and hope that the boys will remember our times together for themselves moving on.  I can't believe how much has happened since I first started writing and look forward to everything that is to come!


So to anyone left following our story so far, to Riley and Asher who hopefully one day read this and to future me who goes back to remember how little they once were, thank you and goodnight!  XOXO


No comments: