Thursday, January 24, 2013

Back to the library

When it's 20 degrees outside and you have a young baby, it's a challenge to find afternoon activities that will make everyone happy.  Riley is too young to play at the Science Center, too young to have fun at the museum, too young to go to the movies.  So we decided to go to the library!


I had never been to the kids section of this library but when we walked through the painted archway, we entered a whole new world.  A world that was filled with other young children braving the winter of Chicago.


Riley and I walked down the aisles picking out a stack of books to read together, then found a nice quiet corner where we could snuggle.  We read about buccaneer bunnies, zoo animals waking up in the morning and farm animals singing at the county fair.  We had a great time reading for about 45 minutes before it was time to meet Chris for lunch.  



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's also fun to go to Barnes and Noble to their kids section. It's decorated for kids, have snuggly chairs, too. And, if you're lucky like me, you can be there for "bring your dog to B&N Day" where you can read with other peoples dogs. You have your own, but it was super fun for me!

Love,
BiBI

Asman Family said...

Thanks for taking Riley to my FAVORITE place, the library. Call me nerdy, but I love being surrounded by books. I always feel that all the knowledge in the world is right around me for the taking. Electronics are wonderful, but for some reason I never feel warm and snuggly with an eBook like I do with a real book. I can't wait to read to Riley. You've started him out on a good path, keep it up!

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacey said...

This is a great idea on a cold day activity! If you can peak his interest early in thinks like reading, he'll be off to a great start. Sounds like you guys read some awesome stories!

p.s. he looks like an adorable little sailor with his knit hat and sweater.

Thats a great picture of the two of you!