Monday, December 10, 2012

3 months

Yesterday marked 3 months for Riley!  So naturally, we had to celebrate!  Nothing like a black-tie event with a cake to mark the 3 month celebration of a baby.  Luckily, our friends Sam and Beth were very cool about sharing their wedding with Riley's 3 month party!

When Riley was born, Sam and Beth gave him a baby tux and invited him to be in the Junior Bridal Party.  Beth said she couldn't wait to take a picture with all of the babies and her dream came true yesterday.  I couldn't believe that 4 babies, all under 4 months old were awake and happy at the same time when their pictures were ready to be taken.  It was ADORABLE!

As you can imagine, taking part in a photo session, ketubbah signing and cocktail hour was exhausting so Riley had to take a few naps throughout the evening.  He was, however, a perfect date during the cocktail hour.  Chris was in the other room with the rest of the bridal party so Riley joined me, sitting on a high-boy table, reeling people in to talk to me.  I have never had so many strangers come up to me to talk about my cute baby!  And who am I to turn away conversation about my son?


Riley was so well behaved most of the night too!  I was really nervous that he would cry during the ceremony but for the first half, he slept in his stroller and the second half, he woke up and stared at the chandeliers.  It was a little challenging to have a sleepy baby at the reception and we didn't get to do too much dancing, but you better believe we didn't leave until I had a dance with both of my boys!  It was a wonderful evening and hopefully there will be more pictures to share soon!


No comments: